You consent to AlphaCrowd collecting, using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying any information that you give to us (or information that we may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases, including Government agencies (including but not limited to NZ Transport Authority, Motor Vehicle Register, PPSR);
- carrying out credit checks on you with a credit reporting agency for the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009. This will require us to give your information to the credit reporting agency as well as the credit reporting agency providing information about you to us;
- verifying any information that you give to us (or information that we may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases for the purposes of fraud prevention or the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009;
- where you have voluntarily given us your driver licence information, this information may also be disclosed to a credit reporting agency and the Ministry of Justice as part of the checks we undertake with them; and
You authorise any third party to provide your personal information to us for any of these purposes.
You acknowledge that if we disclose your personal information to a credit reporting agency, they may hold your information on their credit reporting database and use it for providing credit reporting services and for any other lawful purpose and they may disclose your information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose.
What is personal information and what type of personal information do we collect?
'Personal information' is defined in the Privacy Act 1993 as information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). We may, in addition to other information, collect the following personal information about you:
- your name, email address, residential address, telephone number, gender, date of birth and password;
- financial information such as your bank account number;
- preference information such as transaction history, marketing preferences and a favourite list;
- information relating to your business such as the company name and number, company size, business type and professional profile;
- information that you provide to us when we communicate via writing, email or phone;
- details of your browser, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website you linked from to the Website;
- other additional information required from time to time.
Any personal information you provide to us via this Website will be collected and stored by AlphaCrowd.
Use of your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be used for a number of purposes relating to our business, which include:
- confirming, assessing, and ascertaining your suitability to establish an account with us and utilise our services;
- performing the services and any assistance required in connection with the services;
- satisfying any obligations arising under or in connection with any agreement, deed or other written obligation that we have entered into;
- in the case of entrepreneurs or businesses seeking capital, verifying and approving the disclosures you make to potential investors;
- carrying out credit and identity checks;
- providing you with information about us, products and services and new investment opportunities that we think may be of interest to you;
- contacting you to ensure customer satisfaction in respect of our role as the service provider;
- monitoring, improving and administering the Website;
- responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made and other customer care issues;
- enabling us to conduct surveys and analysing information pertaining to users of our services and Website; and
- enabling us to comply with any legal and regulatory obligation including in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you and inform you that this is being done. You authorize any third party to provide your personal information to us for any of these purposes. Where your personal information is collected from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that this has been done.
Use of 'cookies'
Some web browsers enable you to decline the receipt of cookies. If you utilise this function, you will still be able to access this Website albeit without some enhancement features.
Disclosure of your personal information
We respect the privacy of your personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances without your consent (unless stated otherwise):
- where the disclosure relates to the purpose or use for which the information was collected;
- where you have provided us with express consent to disclose your personal information;
- in the course of third-party service-providers’ provision of services to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these service-providers are obligated to keep confidential any of your personal information that they receive and use;
- to a credit reporting agency, in which case that agency may hold your information on their credit reporting database and use it for providing credit reporting services and for any other lawful purpose and the agency may disclose your information to their subscribers for the purposes of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose;
- to any debt collectors or other enforcement agencies;
- to persons or organisations to whom we may be required to pass your personal information for the purposes of complying with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or to protect or enforce any legal right or interest we may have or to defend any claims made by us against any person (including you) or otherwise in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- to third parties in a proposed major corporate transaction such as a sale of AlphaCrowd’s business or assets to a third party or if there is a change of control or a change in AlphaCrowd's ownership structure. If we disclose your personal information in these circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to ensure it remains confidential;
- to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety;
- to any person or organisation authorised by, or for any other purpose permitted under, the Privacy Act 1993;
- for any other purpose that we notify you of at the time personal information is collected; and
- to persons or organisations which are related to AlphaCrowd.
Under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Storage and protection of your personal information
We may record and store personal information which we collect from you and where we do so we will take all reasonable steps:
- to keep your personal information secure;
- to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information; and
- to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person.
You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
Accessing your personal information
You may request access to all of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote your name, email address, phone number, address and a brief description of the information you would like a copy of.
We will provide you with that personal information within 14 days of the request unless:
- your request is frivolous or vexatious;
- release of the person information would prejudice our legal rights; or
- we have legal grounds to deny your request.
If you realise that your personal information stored and recorded by us is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you should notify us and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.